Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Miter guage questions

• Sipila
  • Sipila's Avatar Topic Author

Sipila created the topic: Miter guage questions

I have been building cabinets for the last couple of years using my Dad's tools, but now I'm moving into my own shop and need advice. I have a decent start on the tools I'll need, but I am in need of something to cut miters. I would like to buy a radial arm saw, but the price of a quality machine is pretty good deterrent at the moment. I am considering buying a miter guage for my table saw and would like some opinions on this as well as any brand reccomendations that anyone has. The Jessem Mite-R-Excel looks well-built, but having never seen one in person I'm not sure. Hope someone can help.
  • ziggy

ziggy replied the topic: Re: Miter guage questions

Sipila- I bought the Incra 2000 for my tablesaw. It works great for me, but I really don't have anything to compare it to. the Incra website has a lot of info on the various models of their mitre gauges. Good Luck
  • ziggy

ziggy replied the topic: Re: Miter guage questions

Also-- there is an article on this website titled "Everything you wanted to know about miter gauges". I'm not sure exactly where it is. try the search function over there in the main menu and search for "miter gauge"

Join Us On:

YouTube
    Facebook
    Instagram
    Twitter
   Pinterest
   Google+