Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Table Saw surface protection

• pbolduc

pbolduc replied the topic: Re: Table Saw surface protection

I use a product called TopCote by Bostik. Check it out

colin replied the topic: Re: Table Saw surface protection

I use Topcote and it's a nice product but I still get rust. Have tried oiling, have tried waxes, have tried other "magic sprays" .... nothing seems to last. In fact often I will coat the top before I leave the workshop, and when I come back (sometimes days later) I can see or feel a fine film of rust has again coated the top. All that works for me is more polishing and elbow grease. If anyone has something that really works, we would all love to hear about it.
  • pbolduc

pbolduc replied the topic: Re: Table Saw surface protection

Wow, there must be lot's of humidity in your shop. Have you tried a dehumidifier. Large temperature changes are not good for tools either
  • Eisenhuth

Eisenhuth replied the topic: Re: Table Saw surface protection

I know if it was covered in the link that wooood67 left but don't confuse furniture paste wax with automobile paste wax. The latter likely has silicone in it and it will get everywhere. The problem with that is that it will stay behind on wood and is impossible to remove. Just get in the habit of slathering a coat on every few months. You can use the 3M pad/ WD-40 or other light lube/ and sander for the once a year treatment.
  • mveach

mveach replied the topic: Re: Table Saw surface protection

This will probably sound a little crazy but, minwax prestain. It has waxes dissolved in it. It is thin so it gets into every pore.

colin replied the topic: Re: Table Saw surface protection

Hmm ... never hear of using it for table saw protection, (could be yet another use for Minwax) Does anyone else out reading these forums have experience with this ????

Join Us On:

YouTube
    Facebook
    Instagram
    Twitter
   Pinterest
   Google+