Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

14" bandsaw what to buy? grizzly, jet, delta????

• sirboardsalot
  • sirboardsalot's Avatar Topic Author

sirboardsalot created the topic: 14" bandsaw what to buy? grizzly, jet, delta????

hello i am looking to buy a new 14" bandsaw that i can add a 6" riser block to. does anyone here own one? i kinda have my eye on the grizzly 0555 and the jet jwbs-14cs. does anyone have any opinions on either machine? any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks
  • chips

chips replied the topic: grizzly G0555

I have heard good reports and they are substantially cheaper, also come with the fence, t square and auto. tensioner....
  • sirboardsalot
  • sirboardsalot's Avatar Topic Author

sirboardsalot replied the topic: Re: 14" bandsaw what to buy? grizzly, jet, delta????

thanks i to have heard good thing about both. and now i see a website that has the jet on sale for $499. only other difference i see is the closed/cabinet base/motor location on the jet and the open base on the grizzly, also i see the jet weight around 80# more. the only problem with grizzly is that looking at a picture and reading stuff only goes so far, at least i can go down the street to look and touch the jet. but now i found out that grizzly can refer me to people in my area that own the machine that i am looking for.
  • oldgriz

oldgriz replied the topic: Re: 14" bandsaw what to buy? grizzly, jet, delta????

I recently bought the Grizzly and am extremely happy with it... also the Grizzly has a 1 HP motor and the Jet has a 3/4HP motor.. that extra power will mean a lot if you decide to do any resawing, which I suspect since you are buying the riser block...
I would also suggest that you get Timber Wolf blades for the saw and use them exclusively... they are the best you can buy and the prices are more than reasonable... I just bought a 3/4 2 tooth and a 3/16 10 tooth and with shipping paid only $40... they cut as smooth as you could want..
  • Benny

Benny replied the topic: My 2 cents

I have the jet and I am very happy with it. And i have seen the grizzly and it is very nice also. Originally i was going to buy the grizzly but when i went to pick it up they were out of them and i would have to pay shipping and I got the jet from tool crib with free shipping to my door. Can't beat that. I really don't think you'll be dissapointed with either of them. Where do you live? You should try to get to a grizzly showroom, if your into tools it is breath taking. Then if you hit one of those tent sales it is a great prices on some things. Hope this helps.
Benny

Join Us On:

YouTube
    Facebook
    Instagram
    Twitter
   Pinterest
   Google+